Starting repair in the bathroom and kitchen, it is worth choosing suitable water mixers in advance. Their purpose is to mix cold and hot water in one tap until an acceptable temperature.
The main thing to strive for is practicality. Durability, convenience, comfort in use can be considered the main criteria.
Aesthetics plays an important role. It is desirable that the mixer harmonizes with the style and color scheme of the entire room.
What are the faucets?
– The valve mixer consists of two cranes that regulate cold and hot water. This is a traditional design when the consumer turns the valve around his axis.
– It is more economical, the desired pressure of water is regulated faster. It is easy to eliminate the leakage in such a tap, replace the rubber gasket.
– In addition, the valve mixer is adapted for our hard water, it does not fail so quickly.
– In recent years, ball mixers have become very popular. They are best as possible, fit in design to acrylic baths of bizarre shapes and no less original shells.
– It is easier to use a ball mixer than usual, two valve. In order for the water to flow the desired temperature and a certain pressure, do not twist two taps.
– It is enough with one hand to raise the nose of the lever and turn it to the right or to the left. The disadvantage of the design is inappropriate to hard water.
– Solid particles clog the mechanism, and it has to be repaired more often. Moreover, the repair will cost an order of magnitude higher than the repair of a traditional valve mixer.
– Instead of a rubber gasket, a ceramic disc is inserted in the ball mechanism. He breaks less often.
– The thermostatic or thermostat mixer looks like a horizontal panel with two regulators along the edges. The mechanism itself supports a given pressure and water temperature.
– There is no need to adjust them every time. Instead of valves, regulators are located on both sides.
– One is responsible for heating, and the second – for the pressure of water. You can choose combinations according to different parameters.
What are the mounts and from what materials are made?
Types of fasteners
– The kitchen mixer is installed in the wall or on the sink.
– The mixer for the sink in the bathroom is attached in the wall or directly on the shell itself.
– Design options can be mounted to a special shelf.
– Bath mixer is installed on the edge of the bath or on the wall.
– The bidet mixer is mounted on the side through special holes.
– Mixers for disabled people, hospitals are attached to individual ways.
Innovations of technology
Modern models are equipped with special qualities to improve comfort. So, today there are limiters of water temperature, stream pressure.
Release thermostat, sensory faucets. You can not touch the sensory mixer at all. He is equipped with a photocell, and the water begins to flow if you just bring your hands to it.
The faucets are constantly in contact with water, so the materials for them are selected with anti -corrosion properties.
Also, they should be resistant to wear. Brass is most often used. This alloy is considered the most durable and durable.
More expensive models are made of copper, bronze. The surface of the mixers is covered with a decorative layer of nickel, chromium, enamel.
When choosing a mixer, give preference to European brands. Their products will last at least five years.
Chinese -made devices are limited in work for one or two years, even if they have a stigma of well -known western trends.
Do not buy a similar product in the market, from hand. In the store, at least, they give a warranty ticket. It is very convenient to buy mixers on an online store.
Some of them open production companies themselves, so they also give guarantees.