A sliding door is not only a convenient solution with limited space, but also a stylish modern element of the design of an apartment or office. If all the requirements of the instructions are observed, how to correctly install a sliding door, it will be convenient and easy to use the design.
Its only disadvantage is the low ability of sound insulation. The sliding door in any case will have at least minimal gaps, so it is not used as the outside in our climatic conditions.
Assembling sliding doors is not such a difficult task as not to cope with it without the help of professionals. It is important that the house contains a chisel, a hammer, a screwdriver or a screwdriver, and there is a complete set for a sliding door.
Varieties of sliding doors
By the method of movement, there are 2 types of sliding structures:
one. The walls moving inside
2. Moving to the wall
By type of fastening:
one. With the upper guide (without threshold)
2. With the lower guide (with the threshold)
The door leaf can be selected differently:
one. Solid opaque – natural wood or chipboard
2. In a frame of different widths of fiberboard or whole wood: transparent or matte, plastic or glass, with painting or print, with or without a metal frame.
Sliding doors are sold in separate sections. Depending on the size of the doorway, 1-2 sections are purchased for installation, if the plans do not have a sliding partition. Structurally sliding partition and the door do not differ. More sections are used for the partition.
The set for sliding doors includes:
one. Door leaf
2. Guides: a mechanism that is a “expensive” for the movement of the door and at the same time a way of fixing it
3. Fittings: rollers, limiters, handles, valves, locks
four. Fixing tools: screws, self -tapping screws, anchors
5. Door box
The door frame is a P-shaped design inserted into the doorway when installing any door: both sliding and ordinary open.
Cassette is a case mounted in the opening of the walls where the beam is attached to the guide. You can install the structure without a cassette. In any case – with or without a cassette – you will have to close up the defects formed when the niches are done in the wall. If you plan to install the door moving on the wall, you do not need to buy a cassette.
The guide rail is attached to the wooden beam. The width of the beam should be 50-60 mm. In length, it should be equal to the doubled width of the door leaf.
Important! Measurement and installation of doors require compliance with the following requirement: the door leaf should be 50-60mm higher and wider than the opening in the wall, otherwise the cracks will remain after installation.
Tip: if the doorway is too wide for the sizes of the doors on sale, you have two options: make it already using brickwork or order the manufacture of the door according to individual sizes in the workshop, which are a lot.
If you need to build a roof for the veranda at home, read this article.
How to install a sliding door with your own hands
one. With the help of self -tapping screws, the guide beam is attached to the wooden beam.
2. A wooden beam with a guide is attached to the wall above the doorway strictly horizontally.
3. In the lower end of the door leaf, a groove corresponding to the size of the roller, which will ensure the movement of the door and its vertical position, is made with the help of a hammer and a chisel. It is important to carefully choose wood fragments so that nothing limits the movement.
four. The videos are placed in the guide: their connection and mobility ensures the presence of special grooves.
5. The upper end of the door leaf is attached to the rollers. This stage is the most difficult, and it is better to fulfill it together. Tip: To avoid a thread break on self -tapping screws, at the time of installation under the door leaf, you can temporarily put flat planks of the desired height.
6. We set limiters: their function – to prevent jumping of rollers with a guide.
7. The door box is installed, the necessary fasteners are performed.
eight. Frounders are attached.
This is an instruction for mounting a sliding door with the upper guide. Installation of the structure with the lower guide to perform just as simple.