The American style in home decoration is becoming more and more popular and in demand among our compatriots, so such houses are an ideal choice for large families with pets. Let’s take a closer look at this style.
American houses are a cottage building built using frame technology. Most often, American houses have a second floor, as well as a roof of complex shape. Do not forget that these cottages love the sun, so there are a large number of windows.
The presence of a terrace
This is an essential attribute of American style, which symbolizes comfort and warmth. Terraces are built on the ground floor. If you want the structure to be reliable, then you need to install columns that act as a support, and also give the house a modern and harmonious appearance.
- The terrace is an important component in the American style.
- Spacious layout. That is why these houses are designed for large and friendly families.
- Correct and symmetrical forms.
- The presence of minimalism in the decoration of the house. You won’t find any decor in home decoration. The key to this style is simplicity.
- No basement. This is due to the fact that the foundation of the house is built low.
- The garage is a complete part of the house. American homes, fortunately or unfortunately, are projected along with the garage. For some it’s a plus, for others it’s a minus.
- Backyard = emergency exit. In the American style, an emergency exit is welcome, which leads to the garden, where family members can relax and enjoy nature.
American homes have a restrained design, pastel shades and white colors prevail most of all, and dark colors are less common. It is extremely rare to find bright American-style decor in home decoration.
Landscaping of the site
Landscaping also plays an important role in the American style. To comply with this style, it is required to maintain the correct landscape design. A suitable option is low shrubs and flower beds. Keep in mind that climbing plants negatively affect the design of the house, so you should abandon them.